New York News
Faulty ventilation suspected of causing Port Authority smoke
NEW YORK (WABC) -- There was a bit of a setback for commuters at Port Authority on Saturday when the bus terminal was evacuated after someone spotted smoke at about 7:40 p.m.
Bus riders had to wait outside as firefighters checked it out.
After about 30 minutes, the building was re-opened, and the buses started running again.
The investigation is ongoing, but a faulty ventilation unit is suspected of causing the smoke.
No injuries were reported.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, port authority bus terminal, evacuation, new york news
- Winter Weather Advisory
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Nelson Mandela memorial set for Tuesday in Soweto
- 'Snow Alert' issued for New York City
- Wintry mix causes slick roads, massive pileup
- New Jersey preparing for another dose of snow
- LIRR preparing for snow, ice
- Photos: AccuWeather Forecast in pictures
- Man shot to death in Valley Stream
- Homeless shelter charity and giving tips
- Photos: Bronx River Parkway crash
- Photos: Technology Gift Guide