New York News
Faulty ventilation suspected of causing Port Authority smoke
NEW YORK (WABC) -- There was a bit of a setback for commuters at Port Authority on Saturday when the bus terminal was evacuated after someone spotted smoke at about 7:40 p.m.
Bus riders had to wait outside as firefighters checked it out.
After about 30 minutes, the building was re-opened, and the buses started running again.
The investigation is ongoing, but a faulty ventilation unit is suspected of causing the smoke.
No injuries were reported.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, port authority bus terminal, evacuation, new york news
- LIRR train derails in East River tunnel
- AccuWeather Forecast: Spotty Storm
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- WATCH ABC is available to Channel 7 viewers
- Victim of attempted robbery falls out window
- Suspect shot and killed in Newark robbery attempt
- Teacher suspended after alleged sending threatening voicemail
- Passenger arrested after incident on Newark-bound flight
- LI 7-Eleven owners accused of human smuggling
- NYC plans composting program to recycle food scraps
- abcnews: Murnaghans Face Backlash After Sarah's Lung...
- Actor Jeff Garlin won't face vandalism charges in LA
- Photos: Hong Kong-Newark Plane disturbance
- Photos: Miss Connecticut crowned Miss USA
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos