New York News
Faulty ventilation suspected of causing Port Authority smoke
NEW YORK (WABC) -- There was a bit of a setback for commuters at Port Authority on Saturday when the bus terminal was evacuated after someone spotted smoke at about 7:40 p.m.
Bus riders had to wait outside as firefighters checked it out.
After about 30 minutes, the building was re-opened, and the buses started running again.
The investigation is ongoing, but a faulty ventilation unit is suspected of causing the smoke.
No injuries were reported.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, port authority bus terminal, evacuation, new york news
- 3 critical after fire tears through Brooklyn home 1 min ago
- AccuWeather: Warmer stretch arrives
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Bronx fire leaves brothers dead, 3 firefighters hurt 40 min ago
- Photos: Deadly fire in the Bronx
- Mink coat thieves caught on camera at NYC boutique 29 min ago
- Target data breach leaves customers angry, frustrated 34 min ago
- New York Army cadet accused of emailing child porn 42 min ago
- City Council passes plastic foam, e-cigarette bills
- Over 75 injured in London theatre roof collapse
- 4 injured, including child in Bronx fire
- String of carjackings in Elizabeth
- Photos: Injuries reported in Clifton, NJ bus accident