New York News
Faulty ventilation suspected of causing Port Authority smoke
NEW YORK (WABC) -- There was a bit of a setback for commuters at Port Authority on Saturday when the bus terminal was evacuated after someone spotted smoke at about 7:40 p.m.
Bus riders had to wait outside as firefighters checked it out.
After about 30 minutes, the building was re-opened, and the buses started running again.
The investigation is ongoing, but a faulty ventilation unit is suspected of causing the smoke.
No injuries were reported.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, port authority bus terminal, evacuation, new york news
- 2 killed in motorcycle accident in Queens
- AccuWeather: Record Warmth 46 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- 4 arrested in deadly NJ mall carjacking
- Teen who was shot at Colorado school dies
- Biker killed in Bronx collision 40 min ago
- LI burglary foiled by man watching on webcam in China
- GWB repair work will close upper level lanes 30 min ago
- Long Island driver charged with DWI in hit and run
- Target offers discount, free credit monitoring after data breach
- Knicks lose to Grizzlies, 95-87
- Video: Holiday shoppers enjoying warm weather
- Photos: Fatal shooting at the Short Hills Mall
- AccuWeather: Record Warmth
46 min ago