New York News
Faulty ventilation suspected of causing Port Authority smoke
NEW YORK (WABC) -- There was a bit of a setback for commuters at Port Authority on Saturday when the bus terminal was evacuated after someone spotted smoke at about 7:40 p.m.
Bus riders had to wait outside as firefighters checked it out.
After about 30 minutes, the building was re-opened, and the buses started running again.
The investigation is ongoing, but a faulty ventilation unit is suspected of causing the smoke.
No injuries were reported.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, port authority bus terminal, evacuation, new york news
- Thousands run final mile of Boston Marathon 58 min ago
- AccuWeather Forecast: Rain and clouds
- Eyewitness News Live
- WATCH ABC is available to Channel 7 viewers
- Weather puts damper on start of holiday weekend
- Sandy-damaged New York Aquarium reopens this weekend
- 2 killed, 1 missing in upstate New York plane crash
- Long Island 'Hot Dog Hooker' arrested again
- Teen questioned in Queens bus shooting released
- Amanda Bynes speaks out about arrest
- Christie and Snooki face off at Jersey shore 7 min ago
- abcnews: Cruise Passenger Bill of Rights Introduced 13 min ago
- Photos: Circle 7 at GMA's Summer Concert Series
- Photos: Boston Marathon Last Mile