New York News
Off-duty school safety officer shot in Brooklyn
SUNSET PARK (WABC) -- An off-duty school safety officer was shot in the chest in Brooklyn on Sunday.
The officer, identified as 25-year-old Brian Green, was in his car on 51st Street near Clarkson Avenue in Sunset Park when he was shot just before 6 p.m..
Green was taken to King County Hospital and is expected to survive.
No arrests have been made, and the incident and motive remain under investigation.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, brooklyn, officer injured, shooting, new york news
- East Harlem investigators seeking clues in basement
- Photos: Accuweather maps for possible Monday snow
- AccuWeather: Cold, but milder
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- East Harlem Explosion: How to Help
- East Harlem explosion: More on the victims
- Photos: East Harlem explosion
- raw video: New video just after East Harlem Explosion
- Brooklyn shooting leaves 4 boys wounded
- NYC Sanitation Commissioner John Doherty retiring
- Out of control bus hits cars in Brooklyn; 5 hurt 12 min ago
- Photos: Bus hits cars in Brooklyn 16 min ago
- Malaysian leader: plane's system deliberately disabled
- Mega Millions jackpot jumps to $400 million