New York News
New York City school teacher killed
QUEENS (WABC) -- Detectives are investigating the murder of a teacher in Queens.
Authorities found the man inside a home on 91 Street shortly before 7:00 on Sunday night. The medical examiner says that the victim died as a result of compression of neck and torso and ruled his death a homocide.
The 56-year-old man was later identified by the Department of Education as ESL and Spanish teacher David Rangel. He worked at PS/MS219 in Queens since 2006.
Grief counselors were made available for students at the school on Monday.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, queens, crime, murder, new york news
- 4 injured, including child in Bronx fire
- AccuWeather: Warmer stretch arrives 1 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- City Council passes plastic foam, e-cigarette bills
- Over 75 injured in London theatre roof collapse
- String of carjackings in Elizabeth
- Triple stabbing at Stamford High School
- Human error contributed in delay of Ariel Russo 911 response
- Tax trouble for taxi tycoon?
- Photos: Injuries reported in Clifton, NJ bus accident
- Consumer Reports: Nasty Chicken
- Target: 40 million accounts may be involved in breach
- Target data breach: 7 Things to know
- AccuWeather: Warmer stretch arrives
1 min ago