New York News
Ex-Mayor Ed Koch re-hospitalized after 2 days
NEW YORK -- The spokesman for former New York City Mayor Ed Koch says he's been re-admitted to the hospital two days after he was released.
Spokesman George Arzt says Koch went back to NewYork-Presbyterian/Columbia hospital on Monday. He says Koch's doctor wanted the 88-year-old to get more treatment for the fluid in his lungs, which is causing shortness of breath.
Koch had been released from the hospital on Saturday after a week's stay. He had gone in Jan. 19 because of fluid in his ankles and lungs.
Doctors have told Koch to reduce his salt intake.
Koch also was hospitalized in December with a respiratory infection and in September with anemia.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, ed koch, new york news
- AccuWeather: More snow Saturday
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Charges expected in fraternity death 47 min ago
- Nassau County police commissioner ousted
- Barrios-Paoli tapped to head health and human services
- Woman twerking serves as lookout for alleged burglar 29 min ago
- Fire burns through house in New Brunswick
- Sandy victims turn year of loss into season of giving 37 min ago
- Photos: New Brunswick, New Jersey house fire
- Some from Newtown join vigil at National Cathedral 11 min ago
- Mandela interpreter says he was hallucinating
- Golden Globes nominations announced
- Charges expected in fraternity death
47 min ago