New York News
Ex-Mayor Ed Koch re-hospitalized after 2 days
NEW YORK -- The spokesman for former New York City Mayor Ed Koch says he's been re-admitted to the hospital two days after he was released.
Spokesman George Arzt says Koch went back to NewYork-Presbyterian/Columbia hospital on Monday. He says Koch's doctor wanted the 88-year-old to get more treatment for the fluid in his lungs, which is causing shortness of breath.
Koch had been released from the hospital on Saturday after a week's stay. He had gone in Jan. 19 because of fluid in his ankles and lungs.
Doctors have told Koch to reduce his salt intake.
Koch also was hospitalized in December with a respiratory infection and in September with anemia.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, ed koch, new york news
- Nanny identifies new hero after attempted abduction in Chelsea 36 min ago
- AccuWeather: A Little Cooler
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Man arrested for arson in Water Mill fire 39 min ago
- Dead body found in plastic container in Brooklyn 33 min ago
- Bergen County officer injured in Lodi crash
- 2 killed in wreck on Southern State identified
- No hearts stolen on date, only NJ woman's dog, TV
- Photos: Lodi crash injures police officer
- Woman fatally shot in Queens; man in custody
- Suspect charged in attempted baby abduction 26 min ago
- 4 charged in Elizabeth auto body shop robbery
- Scooter rider fatally shot in South Ozone Park