New York News
Lockdown lifted after student in gun rumor found
NEW YORK (WABC) -- A Bronx school was briefly locked down Tuesday after a "rumor" that a student said he had a gun in his pocket.
PS/MS 4 on Fulton Avenue was locked down around 8:15 a.m. while police searched the premisis.
"There was a rumor that a student in one of the schools on the campus came to school with a gun," a spokesperson said. "The principal called a lockdown and police are on the scene."
Officials say a school employee heard one student tell another that he brought a gun to school. That employee went to a school administrator, prompting the decision to lock down the school.
After a thorough search, police found the student and are questioning him. He does not appear to be armed and may have had a toy gun, according to reports.
The investigation is ongoing, but the lockdown was lifted before 10:30 a.m.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, bronx, school lockdown, new york news
- Secret Service investigating Target data breach
- AccuWeather: Warmer days ahead
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Young boy shot in foot in the Bronx
- U.S. Attorney defends arrest of Indian diplomat
- Murder-suicide shooting at NJ nail salon
- Next City Council Speaker likely Melissa Mark-Viverito
- LI man arraigned in 7 'knockout game' assaults
- Victim in Short Hills Mall shooting laid to rest
- 1 of 2 winners in $636 Mega Millions jackpot comes forward
- Phil Robertson off 'Duck Dynasty' after gay comments
- O' Christmas tree, you're alive?! Student scares school
- Photos: Tanker explodes on Sunrise Highway
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos