New York News
Lockdown lifted after student in gun rumor found
NEW YORK (WABC) -- A Bronx school was briefly locked down Tuesday after a "rumor" that a student said he had a gun in his pocket.
PS/MS 4 on Fulton Avenue was locked down around 8:15 a.m. while police searched the premisis.
"There was a rumor that a student in one of the schools on the campus came to school with a gun," a spokesperson said. "The principal called a lockdown and police are on the scene."
Officials say a school employee heard one student tell another that he brought a gun to school. That employee went to a school administrator, prompting the decision to lock down the school.
After a thorough search, police found the student and are questioning him. He does not appear to be armed and may have had a toy gun, according to reports.
The investigation is ongoing, but the lockdown was lifted before 10:30 a.m.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, bronx, school lockdown, new york news
- Young child fatally shot outside Jersey City home 17 min ago
- AccuWeather: More Humid 16 min ago
- Eyewitness News Live
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Metro North train collision to affect service all week 29 min ago
- Hofstra remembers Andrea Rebello as probe continues
- Person of interest ID'd in deadly Queens bus shooting
- Rally planned after West Village hate crime murder
- 1 dead, 1 rescued when car ends up in Huntington Harbor
- Winning Mega Millions ticket sold in New Jersey
- Florida city anxious to learn Powerball jackpot winner
- blog: Desiree Hartsock on being 'The Bachelorette'
- Photos: Photos from the Billboard Awards
- Photos: Tornado rips through Oklahoma
- Metro North train collision to affect...
29 min ago
- AccuWeather: More Humid
16 min ago
- Young child fatally shot outside Jersey...
17 min ago