New York News
Video released of child luring suspect in Queens
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Police in Queens are searching for a man that attempted to lure at least two children.
The first incident happened on Friday, January 25th at approximately 7 a.m. in Jackson Heights.
The suspect drove alongside a 13-year-old girl on Northern Boulevard at 102 Street and engaged her in a conversation.
When she realized she didn't know the man, she walked away from the vehicle.
Police say the suspect then got out of his car and tried to grab the girl by the arm.
She was able to get away.
Later that same day, at 8 p.m. the same suspect drove alongside a 14-year-old girl on Northern Boulevard and Parsons Boulevard in Flushing.
He motioned for her to come over to his late model Cadillac Escalade but she did not.
He continued to follow her and the girl ran away.
The suspect is described as a Hispanic man, 30-35 years old, light skinned, 5'7"-5'9", 170 pounds, wearing a black jacket, dark pants and a blue collared shirt.
Anyone with information in regards to this incident is asked to call the NYPD's Crime Stoppers Hotline at 800-577-TIPS.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, jackson heights, flushing, queens, luring, new york news
- Hundreds still missing in South Korea ferry disaster
- AccuWeather: Clear and chilly
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Photos: South Korea ferry disaster
- Sketch released in Upper East Side jewelry robbery
- NYC mayor to announce Sandy recovery reforms
- Man arrested in Queens anti-Muslim harassment on bus
- Pair robs 4 Brooklyn banks in 2-hour span
- Queens serial robber caught on surveillance camera
- Man caught on camera using cloned ATM card 1 min ago
- BridgeGate panel could call Gov. Chris Christie to testify 52 min ago
- New York political leader Basil Paterson dies at 87 40 min ago
- Photos: Famous deaths in 2014 40 min ago