New York News
Ex-Mayor Ed Koch feeling better, still hospitalized
NEW YORK -- The spokesman for Ed Koch says the former New York City mayor is improving but doesn't know when he'll be leaving the hospital.
The 88-year-old Koch was readmitted to NewYork-Presbyterian/Columbia hospital on Monday. He'd been released two days earlier after being treated for water in his lungs and legs.
Spokesman George Arzt says doctors on Tuesday continued to try to reduce the fluid. He says Koch also is showing an iron deficiency.
On Tuesday night, a new documentary about Koch's career premiered at the Museum of Modern Art.
Arzt says Koch asked about how many people attended, and who they were.
Koch initially went to the hospital on Jan. 19. He also was hospitalized in December with a respiratory infection and in September with anemia.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, ed koch, new york news
- Police shoot and kill man with special needs
- AccuWeather Forecast: Mild, but rain expected
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Newtown 911 calls released
- Keri Russell's Brooklyn home burglarized
- Attorney: Train engineer was 'in a daze'
- Metro-North service back 100-percent on Hudson Line
- abcnews: Truck Carrying Radioactive Material Stolen...
- Police arrest 2 in Long Island menorah vandalism
- Man dies paragliding after hitting ice
- Parents plead for help to save boys from rare disease
- Paul Walker died from impact, fire in crash, autopsy finds
- Photos: Most Fascinating People of 2013