New York News
Ex-Mayor Ed Koch feeling better, still hospitalized
NEW YORK -- The spokesman for Ed Koch says the former New York City mayor is improving but doesn't know when he'll be leaving the hospital.
The 88-year-old Koch was readmitted to NewYork-Presbyterian/Columbia hospital on Monday. He'd been released two days earlier after being treated for water in his lungs and legs.
Spokesman George Arzt says doctors on Tuesday continued to try to reduce the fluid. He says Koch also is showing an iron deficiency.
On Tuesday night, a new documentary about Koch's career premiered at the Museum of Modern Art.
Arzt says Koch asked about how many people attended, and who they were.
Koch initially went to the hospital on Jan. 19. He also was hospitalized in December with a respiratory infection and in September with anemia.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, ed koch, new york news
- Large explosion, fire reported in East Harlem 3 min ago
- AccuWeather: Stormy changes on the way
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Photos: East Harlem explosion 7 min ago
- LI hospital warns of possible blood contamination
- Crime down across New York City, except in parks
- Trial begins for New Jersey man accused of killing daughter 39 min ago
- NYC rape-murder cannibal conspiracy trial headed to jury
- New Jersey bank robber caught after forgetting keys
- Elderly jaywalker roughed up during arrest due in court
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm
- No winner: Mega Millions jackpot surges to $353 million
- Happy Birthday! Idea that spawned internet turns 25
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos