New York News
Victim beaten with nunchucks in subway robbery
NEW YORK (WABC) -- The NYPD is searching for a trio of thugs who were caught on camera beating a subway passenger with nunchucks.
Surveillance shows the young men attacking the victim as he tried to get through a subway turnstile in Washington Heights.
Police say the suspects told the man they liked his jacket and wanted it.
When he tried to walk away they attacked him.
The victim suffered cuts to his head.
Anyone with information in regards to this attempted robbery is asked to call the NYPD's Crime Stoppers Hotline at 800-577-TIPS.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, washington heights, robbery, subway crime, new york news
- Missing Brooklyn boy found safe on subway 9 min ago
- AccuWeather: March roller coaster
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- 5 injured when car crashes into Bronx store 31 min ago
- Oheka Castle owner speaks out in video 11 min ago
- Newtown shooter's father speaks out for 1st time
- Metro-North worker fatally struck by train in NYC
- 4-year closure of Tarrytown Tappan Zee ramp begins 5 min ago
- Search continues for missing plane; 2 flew on stolen passports
- Photos: Malaysia Airlines missing plane
- NY-native bank robbery suspect nabbed after selfies
- UCONN sophomore accuses sorority sisters of hazing
- Photos: 10 suspects caught in the act
- Missing Brooklyn boy found safe on subway
9 min ago
- Oheka Castle owner speaks out in video
11 min ago
- 4-year closure of Tarrytown Tappan Zee ramp...
5 min ago