New York News
NYPD: Queens burglary suspect cutting holes in roof
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Police are hoping new surveillance video can help them catch a rooftop thief in Queens.
Authorities say the suspect cut a hole in the roof of both the Zac Deli and a Rite Aid on Broadway in Astoria on Christmas Eve.
He stole cash and other merchandise from the deli, but did not enter the Rite Aid.
One week later, on New Year's Eve, the same man reportedly broke into a Stop and Go deli in the neighborhood, stealing merchandise.
The suspect is described as dark-skinned black male, 5-foot-7 to 5-foot-11, who was last seen wearing a dark-colored hooded sweatshirt with a "G-Unit" logo on the front, white and orange Air Max Nike sneakers and dark-colored jeans.
Anyone with information in regards to these incidents is asked to call Crime Stoppers at 1-800-577-TIPS (8477).
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, queens, astoria, burglary, new york news
- Missing Brooklyn boy found safe on subway
- AccuWeather: March Roller Coaster
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Malaysian plane mystery continues 52 min ago
- Photos: Malaysia Airlines missing plane
- Newtown shooter's father speaks out for 1st time 1 min ago
- Oheka Castle owner speaks out in video
- 5 injured when car crashes into Bronx store 4 min ago
- Metro-North worker fatally struck by train in NYC
- Tarrytown Tappan Zee ramp closure begins 5 min ago
- NY-native bank robbery suspect nabbed after selfies
- Phil Jackson likely taking Knicks job, ESPN reports 40 min ago
- Photos: 10 suspects caught in the act
- Tarrytown Tappan Zee ramp closure begins
5 min ago