New York News
NYPD: Queens burglary suspect cutting holes in roof
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Police are hoping new surveillance video can help them catch a rooftop thief in Queens.
Authorities say the suspect cut a hole in the roof of both the Zac Deli and a Rite Aid on Broadway in Astoria on Christmas Eve.
He stole cash and other merchandise from the deli, but did not enter the Rite Aid.
One week later, on New Year's Eve, the same man reportedly broke into a Stop and Go deli in the neighborhood, stealing merchandise.
The suspect is described as dark-skinned black male, 5-foot-7 to 5-foot-11, who was last seen wearing a dark-colored hooded sweatshirt with a "G-Unit" logo on the front, white and orange Air Max Nike sneakers and dark-colored jeans.
Anyone with information in regards to these incidents is asked to call Crime Stoppers at 1-800-577-TIPS (8477).
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, queens, astoria, burglary, new york news
- Thousands run final mile of Boston Marathon 45 min ago
- AccuWeather Forecast: Rain and clouds
- Eyewitness News Live
- WATCH ABC is available to Channel 7 viewers
- Weather puts damper on start of holiday weekend
- Sandy-damaged New York Aquarium reopens this weekend
- Bethpage Air Show cancelled for Saturday due to weather
- 2 killed, 1 missing in upstate New York plane crash
- Long Island 'Hot Dog Hooker' arrested again
- Teen questioned in Queens bus shooting released
- Amanda Bynes speaks out about arrest
- abcnews: Cruise Passenger Bill of Rights Introduced 1 min ago
- Photos: Circle 7 at GMA's Summer Concert Series
- Photos: Boston Marathon Last Mile