New York News
Man released in Turkey missing SI woman case
ANKARA, Turkey -- A Turkish report says a man who was questioned over the disappearance of a New York City woman has been released.
Sarai Sierra, a 33-year-old mother of two, disappeared while vacationing in Istanbul. She was last heard from 10 days ago, the day she was due back home.
A police official in Istanbul said police had questioned a man who had been in contact with Sierra during her stay in the city. A private news agency quotes authorities as saying the man was later released.
To help raise money via PayPal for Sarai's husband and brother while they are overseas in Turkey, CLICK HERE, visit the "Current Events list, and click on "Support Fund: Sarai Sierra's Disappearance"
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, staten island, missing person, new york news
- raw video: New video just after East Harlem Explosion
- AccuWeather: Cold, but milder 58 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Workers remove rubble in East Harlem 12 min ago
- East Harlem explosion: More on the victims
- Photos: East Harlem explosion
- East Harlem Explosion: How to Help 1 min ago
- Teen shot, apparently by brother, in Queens 9 min ago
- Long Island cab driver accused of exposing himself to girl
- Westchester animal shelter in danger of collapsing
- Woman steals Dorothy's ruby slippers from SI hotel
- Jersey City fire victims to be laid to rest Friday
- Photos: Pictures from PHL after landing gear collapse
- Authorities continue to clear debris from...
17 min ago
- Group running NYC half-marathon to inspire,...
42 min ago