New York News
Man released in Turkey missing SI woman case
ANKARA, Turkey -- A Turkish report says a man who was questioned over the disappearance of a New York City woman has been released.
Sarai Sierra, a 33-year-old mother of two, disappeared while vacationing in Istanbul. She was last heard from 10 days ago, the day she was due back home.
A police official in Istanbul said police had questioned a man who had been in contact with Sierra during her stay in the city. A private news agency quotes authorities as saying the man was later released.
To help raise money via PayPal for Sarai's husband and brother while they are overseas in Turkey, CLICK HERE, visit the "Current Events list, and click on "Support Fund: Sarai Sierra's Disappearance"
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, staten island, missing person, new york news
- Brooklyn Bridge closed in both directions after car fire 11 min ago
- AccuWeather Forecast: Rain and clouds
- Eyewitness News Live
- WATCH ABC is available to Channel 7 viewers
- Weather puts damper on start of holiday weekend
- 3 more men arrested in slaying of British soldier in London
- Thousands run final mile of Boston Marathon
- Sandy-damaged New York Aquarium reopens this weekend
- Long Island 'Hot Dog Hooker' arrested again
- French soldier stabbed in throat outside Paris
- Christie and Snooki face off at Jersey shore
- abcnews: Cruise Passenger Bill of Rights Introduced
- Photos: Circle 7 at GMA's Summer Concert Series
- Photos: Boston Marathon Last Mile
- Kickoff to a Long Island Summer today!
2 min ago