New York News
Teenager charged with throwing boy off Bronx building
MORRIS HEIGHTS (WABC) -- Peering out of his second floor window, Philip Rivera looked down to see the little boy from upstairs bleeding and sprawled out on the sidewalk around 8:30 Friday night.
The child's moans and commotion drew many neighbors outside.
"He wasn't moving," said eyewitness Wanda Simonetti.
Police say the 9-year-old boy was thrown off from five stories above off of the roof of his building on Nelson Avenue in the Morris Heights Section of the Bronx by another man in the building, 17-year-old Casmine Aska.
Some neighbors say they overheard kids playing in the stairwell before the fall.
"I think they were up there; they all fell," said eyewitness Philip Rivera.
Sources say the nine-year-old victim told police Aska tossed him over the ledge. He has been charged with second degree attempted murder.
Investigators have not released a motive.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, morris heights, bronx, child injured, new york news, darla miles
- AccuWeather Alert: Flash flood warning for NYC 14 min ago
- Eyewitness News Live
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- WATCH ABC is available to Channel 7 viewers
- Photos: Flash flooding in the New York area 35 min ago
- Suspect in custody in Queens bus shooting 50 min ago
- Woman arrested in shooting death of Jersey City boy 45 min ago
- Students injured in Brooklyn pepper spray incident 56 min ago
- Threat prompts lockdown at Saddle Brook schools
- UK: London terror attack suspects had been probed
- Anthony Weiner courts voters in Harlem Thursday
- Queens businessman kidnapped and tortured
- Photos: Top Pictures of the Week
- Secret Sales: Brownies, Diamonds and a super secret sale
- AccuWeather Alert: Flash flood warning for...
14 min ago