New York News
New bishop installed for New York's Episcopal Diocese
NEW YORK -- The Episcopal Diocese of New York has installed a new bishop in an elaborate ceremony at a cathedral in Manhattan.
The Rev. Andrew Dietsche became the 16th bishop of the diocese Saturday in a service at the Cathedral Church of Saint John the Divine.
Dietsche was a freelance graphic designer and cartoonist before becoming a minister.
He was the rector at a church in West Springfield, Mass. for 11 years before becoming a church official responsible for pastoral care of fellow clergy.
Dietsche was elected to succeed retiring bishop Mark Sisk in late 2011.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, new york news
- Secret Service investigating Target data breach
- AccuWeather: Warmer days ahead
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Young boy shot in foot in the Bronx
- U.S. Attorney defends arrest of Indian diplomat
- Murder-suicide shooting at NJ nail salon
- Next City Council Speaker likely Melissa Mark-Viverito
- LI man arraigned in 7 'knockout game' assaults
- Victim in Short Hills Mall shooting laid to rest
- 1 of 2 winners in $636 Mega Millions jackpot comes forward
- Phil Robertson off 'Duck Dynasty' after gay comments
- O' Christmas tree, you're alive?! Student scares school
- Photos: Tanker explodes on Sunrise Highway
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos