New York News
Woman fatally shot after family argument in Brooklyn
NEW YORK (WABC) -- An approximately 70 year old man is in custody after fatally shooting his sister in an apparent domestic dispute.
Police say the 63-year-old sister was shot during an argument in the basement of the family's home. She was shot in the chest and was pronounced dead at Kings County Hospital.
A younger relative in her 30s, was grazed to the head. She is in stable condition in the hospital.
The gunman was taken into custody. His weapon was recovered.
The dispute may have stemmed from the living arrangements in the house. Perhaps they were trying to kick the gunman out, police officials said.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, brooklyn, flatbush, shooting, new york news
- AccuWeather Forecast: Wintry Mix On The Way
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Snow begins falling in New Jersey 20 min ago
- Is school closed or delayed? Find out fast: Here's how!
- Yaphank church badly damaged by fire
- New York City unveils interactive map of major crimes 32 min ago
- Suspect charged with assaulting cop with cane
- Potential major advancement made in fight against leukemia
- NJ restaurant parts ways with gay waitress
- Video: Phil Lipof says goodbye to Eyewitness News
- Up Close with Diana Williams
- Tiempo on WABC-TV