New York News
Woman fatally shot after family argument in Brooklyn
NEW YORK (WABC) -- An approximately 70 year old man is in custody after fatally shooting his sister in an apparent domestic dispute.
Police say the 63-year-old sister was shot during an argument in the basement of the family's home. She was shot in the chest and was pronounced dead at Kings County Hospital.
A younger relative in her 30s, was grazed to the head. She is in stable condition in the hospital.
The gunman was taken into custody. His weapon was recovered.
The dispute may have stemmed from the living arrangements in the house. Perhaps they were trying to kick the gunman out, police officials said.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, brooklyn, flatbush, shooting, new york news
- Boston police destroy 2 backpacks at marathon site
- weather: AccuTrack Interactive Radar
- AccuWeather: Sharply Colder
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Driver arrested after teens get drunk, trash party bus
- Photos: Teenagers trash party bus
- Photos released of man wanted for harassing teen Muslim girl
- NYPD to end Muslim surveillance program
- MLB marks 67th anniversary of Jackie Robinson debut
- Miley Cyrus skips concert, is hospitalized
- Boston marks 1 year since deadly Marathon bombings
- Dog saved from burning home in Brooklyn by FDNY
- 13-year-old bystander shot in head in Brooklyn
- Baby found in Victoria's Secret bag died of asphyxia
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos