New York News
Worker rescued from stuck Roosevelt Island tram
NEW YORK (WABC) -- The Roosevelt Island Tram is running again after a worker got stuck on top of the tram and had to be rescued.
The tram was stopped mid-span where rescuers freed the worker. The tram was put back in action around 4 p.m.
The worker appeared to have his foot stuck while on top of the tram, stopped over the East River.
The worker was not seriously hurt after being stuck for 45 minutes.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, new york news
- Demolition underway after NJ fire; Questions linger
- AccuWeather: Milder, maybe a shower
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Photos: Jersey City row home fire
- Wallington firefighter killed in blaze to be laid to rest
- Victim in possible NYC 'knockout game' attack speaks out 45 min ago
- Sketch released of suspect in Queens attempted luring 59 min ago
- Man stiffs livery cab driver, punches him in the face 2 min ago
- Russians, Crimeans discuss referendum on joining Russia
- Obama's warnings brushed aside by Russia's Vladimir Putin
- 2 firefighters injured in Bronx bodega fire
- Search for owner of severely malnourished dog
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Victim in possible NYC 'knockout game'...
45 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos