New York News
Brooklyn hospital worker helps catch escaped goat
BEDFORD-STUYVESANT (WABC) -- A security guard helped police lasso a goat running wild in Bedford-Stuyvesant, Brooklyn, overnight.
The goat was first spotted running on Fulton Avenue just before 1 a.m. Passersby who called police said the goat appeared disoriented and ran through the streets, banging into building doors.
The goat was finally cornered in a parking lot on Herkimer Street, across from Interfaith Medical Center.
A hospital security guard named Seydou, originally from West Africa, grabbed a rope and tried to lasso the goat.
The goat went behind several cars, hiding from police and thwarting the attempts of the guard.
The security guard finally grabbed the goat by the horns and held him as police tied up the animal.
Authorities put the goat in the back seat of their police cruiser and took it to Animal Care and Control.
The goat had a tag on it, indicating it apparently escaped from a nearby slaughterhouse.
Along with making for an amusing night shift, the goat's break out paid off. Instead of returning to the slaughterhouse, it will be sent to a farm santuary in upstate New York.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, brooklyn, bedford-stuyvesant, new york news
- 4 more bodies pulled from rubble in East Harlem 14 min ago
- AccuWeather: Milder days ahead 43 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- East Harlem explosion: More on the victims 13 min ago
- Water main eyed in East Harlem gas explosion
- Photos: East Harlem explosion
- Roof blows off Mount Olive Bed, Bath & Beyond
- High winds damage power lines, Bed, Bath & Beyond store 58 min ago
- Man found alive in body bag dies weeks later 44 min ago
- Haverstraw condo complex evacuated due to gas leak
- Major delays on NJ Transit after Newark tanker explosion
- Photos: Newark tanker fire
- Surveillance in Upper Manhattan attempted rape
- AccuWeather: Milder days ahead
43 min ago