New York News
Suspect arrested in fatal 2-car Harlem crash
NEW YORK -- Police have arrested a Brooklyn man in connection with a two-car crash in Harlem that killed a 46-year-old woman and injured several others.
Wislairs Mentor was charged with aggravated unlicensed operator.
The accident occurred Wednesday at 2 p.m.
Police say a 2003 Ford Focus travelling south on Broadway attempted to make a left turn onto West 135th Street when it collided with Mentor's van.
Both vehicles careened onto the sidewalk, striking a 44-year-old pedestrian.
Police say Lisette Ventura, of Manhattan, the front passenger in the Focus, was taken to Saint Luke's Hospital where she was pronounced dead.
The driver of the Focus and two infant rear passengers, as well as the female pedestrian were hospitalized with non-life threatening injuries.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, new york news
- Mother charged with murder in Baby Angel case
- AccuWeather: Still Some Slick Spots!
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Thieves target luxury cars in New York area 8 min ago
- Photos: Luxury car theft ring bust in NYC 22 min ago
- De Blasio says family will live in Gracie Mansion
- Photos: A look at Gracie Mansion
- Yonkers family jumps from window to escape fire
- Photos: Family escapes Yonkers fire
- Pope Francis chosen Time's Person of the Year
- Photos: Time's Person of the Year: The unchosen
- Black ice warnings as bitter cold sets in
- Mega Millions jackpot grows to $400 Million