New York News
3-year-old dies after falling out window in Queens
WOODSIDE (WABC) -- Police say a 3-year-old girl who somehow got locked inside her family's sixth-floor bathroom in Woodside, Queens, fell to her death before her parents could get the door open.
The girl, identified by police as Rusroshi Barua, was taken to Elmhurst Hospital, where she was pronounced dead Sunday afternoon.
Barua landed in a backyard about 60 feet below the bathroom window.
Police say she got locked inside with her 2-year-old sister. Police say there were no bars on the window.
The parents could not get in to the bathroom, and then called the super, who knocked the door down. When they got inside, only the 2-year-old was in the bathroom.
The parents looked out of the window, and saw Barua on the ground.
There is no criminality suspected, and the investigation is ongoing.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, woodside, queens, child injured, new york news
- Woman dead, 2 sisters critical in Brooklyn fire 51 min ago
- AccuWeather: Warmer stretch arrives
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Bronx fire leaves brothers dead, 3 firefighters hurt
- Photos: Deadly fire in the Bronx
- Mink coat thieves caught on camera at NYC boutique
- LI nativity theft being investagated as hate crime 59 min ago
- Target data breach leaves customers angry, frustrated
- Friday marks Walcott's last day while schools in session 29 min ago
- MTA launches new apps for LIRR, Metro-North riders
- Crown Heights woman critical after hit and run
- New York Army cadet accused of emailing child porn
- City Council passes plastic foam, e-cigarette bills 24 min ago
- City Council passes plastic foam,...
24 min ago