New York News
3-year-old dies after falling out window in Queens
WOODSIDE (WABC) -- Police say a 3-year-old girl who somehow got locked inside her family's sixth-floor bathroom in Woodside, Queens, fell to her death before her parents could get the door open.
The girl, identified by police as Rusroshi Barua, was taken to Elmhurst Hospital, where she was pronounced dead Sunday afternoon.
Barua landed in a backyard about 60 feet below the bathroom window.
Police say she got locked inside with her 2-year-old sister. Police say there were no bars on the window.
The parents could not get in to the bathroom, and then called the super, who knocked the door down. When they got inside, only the 2-year-old was in the bathroom.
The parents looked out of the window, and saw Barua on the ground.
There is no criminality suspected, and the investigation is ongoing.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, woodside, queens, child injured, new york news
- Police search for missing 11-year old Brooklyn boy
- AccuWeather: Changeable Week
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Vietnam says cannot find object from missing jet
- Cherry Hill Mall parking dispute turns violent
- Squatters flee fire in Paterson; 2 vacant buildings gutted
- Photos: Fire guts 2 vacant Paterson buildings
- Man arrested for stealing money from donation box
- Liam Neeson tours stables amid carriage horse debate
- Toddler's FaceTime saves mother after dog bite
- Fire rips through seven houses in the Bronx
- Antonio Cromartie released by Jets
- Photos: 10 suspects caught in the act