New York News
3-year-old dies after falling out window in Queens
WOODSIDE (WABC) -- Police say a 3-year-old girl who somehow got locked inside her family's sixth-floor bathroom in Woodside, Queens, fell to her death before her parents could get the door open.
The girl, identified by police as Rusroshi Barua, was taken to Elmhurst Hospital, where she was pronounced dead Sunday afternoon.
Barua landed in a backyard about 60 feet below the bathroom window.
Police say she got locked inside with her 2-year-old sister. Police say there were no bars on the window.
The parents could not get in to the bathroom, and then called the super, who knocked the door down. When they got inside, only the 2-year-old was in the bathroom.
The parents looked out of the window, and saw Barua on the ground.
There is no criminality suspected, and the investigation is ongoing.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, woodside, queens, child injured, new york news
- Retired NYPD officer charged in wife's murder 23 min ago
- AccuWeather: Seasonable Stretch 57 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Far Rockaway fire leaves 2 children dead
- Photos: Deadly fire in Far Rockaway
- NJ police investigating deadly skydiving accident
- Former boxer Rubin "Hurricane" Carter dies at 76
- Suspect arrested after body found in container
- Flight makes emergency landing with cracked windshield
- Boston Marathon goes off under tight security 20 min ago
- South Korean president: Ferry crew actions 'murderous' 17 min ago
- Photos: Easter 2014 Around the World
- Photos: Famous deaths in 2014
- AccuWeather: Seasonable Stretch
57 min ago