New York News
Fake grenades cause Port Authority evacuation
NEW YORK (WABC) -- A suspicious package forced the evacuation of the Port Authority Terminal on Monday night.
The south wing of the bus terminal was evacuated about 8 p.m.
Police say the package appeared to have grenades in it.
The bomb squad determined they were fake.
The terminal was cleared for about an hour.
New Jersey Transit buses suffered some delays as a result.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, port authority bus terminal, new york news
- London theatre roof collapses; Dozens injured 27 min ago
- AccuWeather: Warmer days ahead
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Secret Sales: Last minute holiday gifts
- Bus accident on Route 3 in Clifton
- Photos: Injuries reported in Clifton, NJ bus accident
- Tax trouble for taxi tycoon?
- City Council passes plastic foam, e-cigarette bills
- 4 juveniles charges in possible knockout attacks
- Human error contributed in delay of Ariel Russo 911 response
- Target: 40 million accounts may be involved in breach
- Consumer Reports: Nasty Chicken
- Target data breach: 7 Things to know
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos