New York News
Fake grenades cause Port Authority evacuation
NEW YORK (WABC) -- A suspicious package forced the evacuation of the Port Authority Terminal on Monday night.
The south wing of the bus terminal was evacuated about 8 p.m.
Police say the package appeared to have grenades in it.
The bomb squad determined they were fake.
The terminal was cleared for about an hour.
New Jersey Transit buses suffered some delays as a result.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, port authority bus terminal, new york news
- Weather puts damper on Coney Island businesses
- AccuWeather Forecast: Rain and clouds
- Eyewitness News Live
- WATCH ABC is available to Channel 7 viewers
- Arrest made in Charles Butler case
- Weather puts damper on start of holiday weekend
- Brooklyn Bridge reopens after car fire
- Residents protest bike sharing program
- Bruins eliminate Rangers with 3-1 win in Game 5
- Bethpage Air Show on for Sunday
- Long Island 'Hot Dog Hooker' arrested again
- Christie and Snooki face off at Jersey shore
- abcnews: Cruise Passenger Bill of Rights Introduced
- Photos: Kickoff to a Long Island Summer photos