New York News
Tourist raped outside Manhattan nightclub, police say
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Authorities in Manhattan are racing to track down a sexual predator who attacked a woman in an alley outside a club.
Police have released a sketch of the suspect and are hoping that the public can help them track down the suspect.
The victim, a tourist from Australia, claims she was drinking inside of club Lavo on the Upper East Side Sunday when she tried to get a taxi around 3:30 a.m. After a brief argument with the driver, she exited the cab and claimed she was grabbed from behind, dragged into an alley and sexually assaulted.
Police say the 20-year-old victim was unable to recall the location of the alleyway when they questioned her later on, mostly likely because she was admittedly drunk.
The suspect is a black male, 35 to 40 years old, standing 6-foot-2 and weighing 190 pounds. He was wearing dark clothing and a skull cap.
Anyone with information is asked to call Crime Stoppers at (800) 577-TIPS (8477).
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, upper east side, sexual assault, new york news
- raw video: New video just after East Harlem Explosion 58 min ago
- AccuWeather: Cold, but milder
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Rescuers continue scouring rubble in East Harlem 20 min ago
- East Harlem explosion: More on the victims 21 min ago
- Photos: East Harlem explosion
- Teen shot, apparently by brother, in Queens
- Long Island cab driver accused of exposing himself to girl
- Westchester animal shelter in danger of collapsing 54 min ago
- Woman steals Dorothy's ruby slippers from SI hotel
- Jersey City fire victims to be laid to rest Friday
- Photos: Pictures from PHL after landing gear collapse
- Vandals dressed up like rock stars go on rampage