New York News
Tourist raped outside Manhattan nightclub, police say
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Authorities in Manhattan are racing to track down a sexual predator who attacked a woman in an alley outside a club.
Police have released a sketch of the suspect and are hoping that the public can help them track down the suspect.
The victim, a tourist from Australia, claims she was drinking inside of club Lavo on the Upper East Side Sunday when she tried to get a taxi around 3:30 a.m. After a brief argument with the driver, she exited the cab and claimed she was grabbed from behind, dragged into an alley and sexually assaulted.
Police say the 20-year-old victim was unable to recall the location of the alleyway when they questioned her later on, mostly likely because she was admittedly drunk.
The suspect is a black male, 35 to 40 years old, standing 6-foot-2 and weighing 190 pounds. He was wearing dark clothing and a skull cap.
Anyone with information is asked to call Crime Stoppers at (800) 577-TIPS (8477).
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, upper east side, sexual assault, new york news
- 4 injured, including child in Bronx fire
- AccuWeather: Warmer days ahead 38 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- City Council passes plastic foam, e-cigarette bills
- Over 75 injured in London theatre roof collapse
- String of carjackings in Elizabeth
- Triple stabbing at Stamford High School
- Human error contributed in delay of Ariel Russo 911 response
- Tax trouble for taxi tycoon?
- Photos: Injuries reported in Clifton, NJ bus accident
- Consumer Reports: Nasty Chicken
- Target: 40 million accounts may be involved in breach
- Target data breach: 7 Things to know
- AccuWeather: Warmer days ahead
38 min ago