New York News
Tourist raped outside Manhattan nightclub, police say
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Authorities in Manhattan are racing to track down a sexual predator who attacked a woman in an alley outside a club.
Police have released a sketch of the suspect and are hoping that the public can help them track down the suspect.
The victim, a tourist from Australia, claims she was drinking inside of club Lavo on the Upper East Side Sunday when she tried to get a taxi around 3:30 a.m. After a brief argument with the driver, she exited the cab and claimed she was grabbed from behind, dragged into an alley and sexually assaulted.
Police say the 20-year-old victim was unable to recall the location of the alleyway when they questioned her later on, mostly likely because she was admittedly drunk.
The suspect is a black male, 35 to 40 years old, standing 6-foot-2 and weighing 190 pounds. He was wearing dark clothing and a skull cap.
Anyone with information is asked to call Crime Stoppers at (800) 577-TIPS (8477).
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, upper east side, sexual assault, new york news
- Anthony Weiner launches bid to become NYC mayor
- AccuWeather: Warm And Humid 4 min ago
- Eyewitness News Live
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Survivors search nearly done after Oklahoma tornado
- FBI shoots man possibly linked to Boston bomb suspects,...
- Arrest made in East Village bias attack
- Firebomb may have been used on police captain's home
- Accident involving fire truck at accident-prone corner
- Connecticut rail service returns to normal
- Funeral to be held Wednesday for slain Hofstra student
- Garcia apologizes for "fried chicken" remark about Tiger 56 min ago
- Kellie Pickler wins Dancing With The Stars
- Photos: Tornado damage in Oklahoma
- AccuWeather: Warm And Humid
4 min ago