New York News
Police shoot, arrest suspect in East New York
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Police shot and wounded an armed suspect who they say was trying to flee from a home in Brooklyn Tuesday evening.
Police received information that there was an armed man inside 456 Glenmore Avenue in the East New York section just after 5 p.m.
The 75th Precinct's Anti-Crime Unit responded to the multi-family home, and one officer went to the back of the building while others walked to the front. When the officers in the front knocked on the door, the suspect allegedly tried to flee out the back. He was identified as 31-year-old Alexis McIntyre.
Sources say McIntyre pointed a gun, believed to be a revolver, at the officer positioned in the back of the home. That officer fired his weapon, striking the suspect in the torso.
McIntyre was transported to Brookdale Hospital, where he's listed in stable condition.
The officer was not seriously injured.
In addition to the gun that the suspect was carrying, a second gun was recovered inside the home.
Police are investigating the man's connection to the house. It was not immediately clear if he lived there.
McIntyre was charged with second-degree criminal possession of a weapon. Other charges were pending.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, brooklyn, east new york, police shooting, shooting, new york news
- Police search for missing 11-year old Brooklyn boy 7 min ago
- AccuWeather: Cooler Sunday
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Vietnam says it may have found missing jet's door
- Man found shot to death in Bronx apartment
- Crash on Garden State Parkway leaves 1 dead, 2 hurt
- Bill would require equal access to tenant amenities
- Liam Neeson to tour stables amid carriage horse debate 44 min ago
- New measure to make child care more affordable
- Stage collapses at California high school; dozens hurt
- Toronto Mayor Rob Ford gets daylight savings time wrong
- Rangers top Red Wings 3-0 in Lundqvist's 300th win 49 min ago
- Photos: Famous deaths in 2014