New York News
Police shoot, arrest suspect in East New York
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Police shot and wounded an armed suspect who they say was trying to flee from a home in Brooklyn Tuesday evening.
Police received information that there was an armed man inside 456 Glenmore Avenue in the East New York section just after 5 p.m.
The 75th Precinct's Anti-Crime Unit responded to the multi-family home, and one officer went to the back of the building while others walked to the front. When the officers in the front knocked on the door, the suspect allegedly tried to flee out the back. He was identified as 31-year-old Alexis McIntyre.
Sources say McIntyre pointed a gun, believed to be a revolver, at the officer positioned in the back of the home. That officer fired his weapon, striking the suspect in the torso.
McIntyre was transported to Brookdale Hospital, where he's listed in stable condition.
The officer was not seriously injured.
In addition to the gun that the suspect was carrying, a second gun was recovered inside the home.
Police are investigating the man's connection to the house. It was not immediately clear if he lived there.
McIntyre was charged with second-degree criminal possession of a weapon. Other charges were pending.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, brooklyn, east new york, police shooting, shooting, new york news
- 15 injured after car drives through Trader Joe's in Nassau County 45 min ago
- AccuWeather Forecast: Rollercoaster weekend 3 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Railroad Administration orders Metro-North to use 2 engineers 10 min ago
- Freight train, truck collide in West Nyack
- Surveillance video released in "Baby Angel" case
- Long Island Rail Road massacre, 20 years later
- Photos: Long Island Rail Road massacre
- South Africans pay tribute to Nelson Mandela 50 min ago
- Mandela's influence felt in New York City 49 min ago
- Photos: Nelson Mandela through the years
- Robinson Cano to sign with Mariners
- USA to open against Ghana in '14 World Cup
- South Africans pay tribute to Nelson Mandela
50 min ago
- Mandela's influence felt in New York City
49 min ago
- AccuWeather Forecast: Rollercoaster weekend
3 min ago