New York News
Forest Whitaker accused of shoplifting at deli
MORNINGSIDE HEIGHTS (WABC) -- Actor Forest Whitaker is accusing a Morningside Heights Deli of violating his rights after he was wrongly accused of shoplifting.
The Oscar winner told TMZ he was leaving Milano Market Friday when a worker accused him of swiping an item.
Whitaker was frisked in front of other customers, but the worker did not find anything.
Whitaker's rep says the actor wants the store to change the way it treats its customers.
Milano Market is not commenting on the incident.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, morningside heights, new york news
- Missing Brooklyn boy found safe on subway
- AccuWeather: March Roller Coaster 53 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Malaysian plane mystery continues 43 min ago
- Photos: Malaysia Airlines missing plane
- Newtown shooter's father speaks out for 1st time 12 min ago
- Oheka Castle owner speaks out in video
- 5 injured when car crashes into Bronx store
- Metro-North worker fatally struck by train in NYC
- 4-year closure of Tarrytown Tappan Zee ramp begins
- NY-native bank robbery suspect nabbed after selfies
- Phil Jackson likely taking Knicks job, ESPN reports 31 min ago
- Photos: 10 suspects caught in the act
- AccuWeather: March Roller Coaster
53 min ago