New York News
Forest Whitaker accused of shoplifting at deli
MORNINGSIDE HEIGHTS (WABC) -- Actor Forest Whitaker is accusing a Morningside Heights Deli of violating his rights after he was wrongly accused of shoplifting.
The Oscar winner told TMZ he was leaving Milano Market Friday when a worker accused him of swiping an item.
Whitaker was frisked in front of other customers, but the worker did not find anything.
Whitaker's rep says the actor wants the store to change the way it treats its customers.
Milano Market is not commenting on the incident.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, morningside heights, new york news
- Dozens killed in Oklahoma tornado
- Metro North New Haven Line to be back Wednesday 50 min ago
- Ex-priest arrested after working with kids in NJ 45 min ago
- Wake to be held for slain Hofstra student as questions linger 41 min ago
- Suffolk County parents getting free alcohol test kits 13 min ago
- NJ couple arraigned on animal cruelty charges 21 min ago
- Photos: Tornado damage in Oklahoma
- blog: Mirror Ball Blog: Dancing with the Stars 56 min ago
- Photos: Dancing with the Stars Finals 57 min ago
- blog: Desiree Hartsock on being 'The Bachelorette'
- WATCH ABC is available to Channel 7 viewers
- 51 people confirmed dead in Oklahoma tornado
6 min ago
- AccuWeather: Warm and muggy, T-storm possible
26 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos