New York News
Forest Whitaker accused of shoplifting at deli
MORNINGSIDE HEIGHTS (WABC) -- Actor Forest Whitaker is accusing a Morningside Heights Deli of violating his rights after he was wrongly accused of shoplifting.
The Oscar winner told TMZ he was leaving Milano Market Friday when a worker accused him of swiping an item.
Whitaker was frisked in front of other customers, but the worker did not find anything.
Whitaker's rep says the actor wants the store to change the way it treats its customers.
Milano Market is not commenting on the incident.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, morningside heights, new york news
- Rescuers continue scouring rubble in East Harlem
- AccuWeather: Cold, but milder
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- East Harlem explosion: More on the victims
- Photos: East Harlem explosion
- Long Island cab driver accused of exposing himself to girl
- Woman steals Dorothy's ruby slippers from SI hotel
- Jersey City fire victims to be laid to rest Friday
- Plane's nose gear collapses at Philadelphia airport 55 min ago
- Photos: Pictures from PHL after landing gear collapse
- Records: Man in movie theater shooting also was texting
- Man in 'Modern Family' star groping appears in court
- $353 million up for grabs in Mega Millions drawing Friday