New York News
Forest Whitaker accused of shoplifting at deli
MORNINGSIDE HEIGHTS (WABC) -- Actor Forest Whitaker is accusing a Morningside Heights Deli of violating his rights after he was wrongly accused of shoplifting.
The Oscar winner told TMZ he was leaving Milano Market Friday when a worker accused him of swiping an item.
Whitaker was frisked in front of other customers, but the worker did not find anything.
Whitaker's rep says the actor wants the store to change the way it treats its customers.
Milano Market is not commenting on the incident.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, morningside heights, new york news
- House fire in New Brunswick 11 min ago
- AccuWeather: Brisk And Cold 29 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Baruch College student dies in apparent frat ritual 10 min ago
- George Washington Bridge reopens for morning commute 42 min ago
- Mother charged with murder in Baby Angel case
- Photos: Luxury car theft ring bust in NYC
- Bipolar teen missing from Suffolk County
- De Blasio says family will live in Gracie Mansion
- Photos: A look at Gracie Mansion
- George Zimmerman will not face assault charges, prosecutors say
- Pope Francis chosen Time's Person of the Year
- Photos: Time's Person of the Year: The unchosen
- George Washington Bridge reopens for...
42 min ago
- Baruch College student dies in apparent...
10 min ago
- AccuWeather: Brisk And Cold
29 min ago