New York News
College student found dead in East Village lobby
NEW YORK -- Police say a 19-year-old college student from Long Island was found dead in the lobby of a New York City apartment building.
The NYPD says Jocelyn Pascucci of East Meadow, N.Y., was found early Saturday morning in the East Village building. She was pronounced dead at Beth Israel Hospital.
Newsday reports (http://bit.ly/WPjXcA ) Pascucci had a serious heart condition and had been drinking alcohol with friends before her death. The newspaper says a doorman saw the Stony Brook University student walking outside wearing only one shoe after she became separated from her friends.
Newsday says the doorman brought Pascucci inside the building because she looked intoxicated.
Police say the medical examiner's office is investigating the death.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, east village, body found, new york news
- East Harlem debris cleared in search for cause
- Photos: Accuweather maps for possible Monday snow
- AccuWeather: Cold Sunday
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- East Harlem Explosion: How to Help
- East Harlem community tries to move forward after explosion
- Photos: East Harlem explosion
- Comedian David Brenner, 'Tonight' favorite, dies
- Photos: Famous deaths in 2014
- Malaysian leader: Plane's system deliberately disabled
- Out of control bus hits cars in Brooklyn; 5 hurt
- Widow of Short Hills mall carjacking victim files suit
- Firefighters respond to brush fire near JFK
- LI hospital flooded with phone calls after insulin scare