New York News
Police hunt suspect in Chelsea robbery
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Police are looking for the man who attacked and robbed another man in Chelsea.
The NYPD has released video of the man they are looking for.
Police say the suspect followed the victim into an elevator Friday afternoon and then into his apartment on 8th Avenue and West 28th street..
That's where he punched the 61-year old man in the face and took money from him.
The victim suffered bruising and swelling to his eye.
Investigators say the suspect is a black male, last seen wearing a dark hooded jacket, red hat, blue pants and dark boots.
Anyone with information in regards to this incident is asked to call the NYPD's Crime Stoppers Hotline at 800-577-TIPS. The public can also submit their tips by logging onto the Crime Stoppers Website at WWW.NYPDCRIMESTOPPERS.COM or texting their tips to 274637(CRIMES) then enter TIP577.
All calls are strictly confidential.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, chelsea, robbery, new york news
- Dozens killed in Oklahoma tornado
- Oklahoma Tornado: How You Can Help, Get Help 37 min ago
- NYPD detective accused of hacking, spying on associates 43 min ago
- Metro North New Haven Line to be back Wednesday
- Ex-priest arrested after working with kids in NJ
- Wake to be held for slain Hofstra student as questions linger
- Photos: Tornado damage in Oklahoma 12 min ago
- blog: Mirror Ball Blog: Dancing with the Stars
- Photos: Dancing with the Stars Finals
- Photos: Most Wanted: Yonkers Police Department
- WATCH ABC is available to Channel 7 viewers
- AccuWeather: Warm And Humid
9 min ago
- Oklahoma tornado death toll revised to 24,...
14 min ago