New York News
Police hunt suspect in Chelsea robbery
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Police are looking for the man who attacked and robbed another man in Chelsea.
The NYPD has released video of the man they are looking for.
Police say the suspect followed the victim into an elevator Friday afternoon and then into his apartment on 8th Avenue and West 28th street..
That's where he punched the 61-year old man in the face and took money from him.
The victim suffered bruising and swelling to his eye.
Investigators say the suspect is a black male, last seen wearing a dark hooded jacket, red hat, blue pants and dark boots.
Anyone with information in regards to this incident is asked to call the NYPD's Crime Stoppers Hotline at 800-577-TIPS. The public can also submit their tips by logging onto the Crime Stoppers Website at WWW.NYPDCRIMESTOPPERS.COM or texting their tips to 274637(CRIMES) then enter TIP577.
All calls are strictly confidential.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, chelsea, robbery, new york news
- AccuWeather: Snow, ice and rain for Saturday
- 7 On Your Side gets back $1-million dollars in 2013 26 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Charges expected in fraternity death
- 2,500 Fordham University applicants misled by email
- Mayor-elect de Blasio to visit White House 20 min ago
- Mega Millions hits $400M for Friday drawing 32 min ago
- Budget bill heads to the Senate 14 min ago
- LIRR, NJT ban booze ahead of Santacon
- Sandy victims turn year of loss into season of giving
- Secret Sales: Dark Chocolate Espresso Beans and Photo Books
- Photos: Technology Gift Guide
- Photos: 60 photos of Golden Globe nominees