New York News
Police hunt suspect in Chelsea robbery
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Police are looking for the man who attacked and robbed another man in Chelsea.
The NYPD has released video of the man they are looking for.
Police say the suspect followed the victim into an elevator Friday afternoon and then into his apartment on 8th Avenue and West 28th street..
That's where he punched the 61-year old man in the face and took money from him.
The victim suffered bruising and swelling to his eye.
Investigators say the suspect is a black male, last seen wearing a dark hooded jacket, red hat, blue pants and dark boots.
Anyone with information in regards to this incident is asked to call the NYPD's Crime Stoppers Hotline at 800-577-TIPS. The public can also submit their tips by logging onto the Crime Stoppers Website at WWW.NYPDCRIMESTOPPERS.COM or texting their tips to 274637(CRIMES) then enter TIP577.
All calls are strictly confidential.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, chelsea, robbery, new york news
- Shot Brooklyn teen speaks out; Man in custody
- AccuWeather: Clear and chilly
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Woman tries to grab stroller from nanny in Chelsea
- 12 dead, 3 missing in Mount Everest avalanche
- Video released in murder of Brooklyn bodega clerk 47 min ago
- Demolition to begin at Edison school gutted by fire 37 min ago
- Suspect arrested in Kansas City highway shootings
- Woman charged Thursday with neglect after living in a van with...
- Hundreds still missing in South Korea ferry disaster
- Photos: South Korea ferry disaster
- Police identify suspect in Bronx subway exposure
- Astronomers spot most Earth-like planet yet
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos