New York News
State Senator looks to reverse pet pig laws
NEW YORK (WABC) -- They're not your usual family pet, but a growing number of families are choosing to have pigs as pets.
But now New York City is cracking down.
Petey is a 39 pound Juliana Pig.
He likes cardigans, walks, and peanut butter.
"We have a pooper scooper, when he goes we pick it up," said Nicky Forgione.
Their kids think it's crazy that there is a law out there that bans pet pigs.
"It's really crazy," said Nicky.
The city health department says they are simply enforcing the law and a state senator who lives around here asks why then things have been different for the mayor.
"It begs the question where was this enforcement when there was a pet pig in Gracie Mansion the mayor's daughter brought in? Where was that same enforcement," asks Tony Avello.
He wants the law revisited, and promises the city has bigger fish to fry.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, new york news, michelle charlesworth
- Young boy shot in foot in the Bronx
- AccuWeather: Warmer days ahead
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Murder-suicide shooting at NJ nail salon
- Water line floods three Midtown building basements
- Jersey City water main break isolated; Water back on
- LI tanker crash sends fireball into the sky
- Photos: Tanker explodes on Sunrise Highway
- 1 of 2 winners in $636 Mega Millions jackpot comes forward 1 min ago
- LI man arraigned in 7 'knockout game' assaults
- Photos: Massive car pileup on Gowanus Expressway
- Victim in Short Hills Mall shooting laid to rest
- Blind man and dog rescued will stay together
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos