New York News
State Senator looks to reverse pet pig laws
NEW YORK (WABC) -- They're not your usual family pet, but a growing number of families are choosing to have pigs as pets.
But now New York City is cracking down.
Petey is a 39 pound Juliana Pig.
He likes cardigans, walks, and peanut butter.
"We have a pooper scooper, when he goes we pick it up," said Nicky Forgione.
Their kids think it's crazy that there is a law out there that bans pet pigs.
"It's really crazy," said Nicky.
The city health department says they are simply enforcing the law and a state senator who lives around here asks why then things have been different for the mayor.
"It begs the question where was this enforcement when there was a pet pig in Gracie Mansion the mayor's daughter brought in? Where was that same enforcement," asks Tony Avello.
He wants the law revisited, and promises the city has bigger fish to fry.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, new york news, michelle charlesworth
- NJ Transit buses delayed 30 minutes
- Jersey shore reopens for 1st post-Sandy summer
- AccuWeather Forecast: Rain continues
- Eyewitness News Live
- Teen heading to prom dies in car accident
- Amanda Bynes released after court appearance
- 3 hurt when I-5 bridge collapses into Wash. river
- Bridge collapse calls into question other bridges' safety
- Tree trouble in Dumont
- Eats: Camarones Mi Pueblo at Zapata in Palisades
- abcnews: Cleveland Women Can Keep Captor's Dogs 18 min ago
- Photos: Circle 7 at GMA's Summer Concert Series
- Photos: I-5 Skagit River Bridge collapse
- Photos: Flash flooding in the New York area
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos