New York News
State Senator looks to reverse pet pig laws
NEW YORK (WABC) -- They're not your usual family pet, but a growing number of families are choosing to have pigs as pets.
But now New York City is cracking down.
Petey is a 39 pound Juliana Pig.
He likes cardigans, walks, and peanut butter.
"We have a pooper scooper, when he goes we pick it up," said Nicky Forgione.
Their kids think it's crazy that there is a law out there that bans pet pigs.
"It's really crazy," said Nicky.
The city health department says they are simply enforcing the law and a state senator who lives around here asks why then things have been different for the mayor.
"It begs the question where was this enforcement when there was a pet pig in Gracie Mansion the mayor's daughter brought in? Where was that same enforcement," asks Tony Avello.
He wants the law revisited, and promises the city has bigger fish to fry.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, new york news, michelle charlesworth
- Mom 'steals' car - without even realizing it
- AccuWeather: Clear and Cold
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Man claims football players beat him in Soho club
- N.J. woman charged with trying to kill her 3 children
- Firefighters rescue 80-year-old man from Bronx fire Wednesday...
- Fire at Red Carpet Inn in Elmwood Park, New Jersey
- Suspect in Boston rice cooker incident sent to psych hospital
- 7 dead, 290 missing in South Korea ferry disaster
- Rare spring snow coats cars, slicks roads
- Photos: Spring snow around New York area
- Jenny McCarthy announces engagement on "The View"
- Drugs stashed in hiding places in Manhattan apartments
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos