New York News
Deli apologizes over Forest Whitaker shoplifting accusation
MORNINGSIDE HEIGHTS (WABC) -- Actor Forest Whitaker is receiving an apology from a Manhattan deli after an employee accused the Academy-Award winner of shoplifting.
Whitaker was stopped by a worker at the Milano Market in Morningside Heights on Friday.
The worker later apologized.
Management says the store plans to retrain its workers and that the incident had nothing to do with race.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, morningside heights, new york news
- Young child fatally shot outside Jersey City home 23 min ago
- AccuWeather: More Humid 22 min ago
- Eyewitness News Live
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Metro North train collision to affect service all week 35 min ago
- Hofstra remembers Andrea Rebello as probe continues
- Person of interest ID'd in deadly Queens bus shooting
- Rally planned after West Village hate crime murder
- 1 dead, 1 rescued when car ends up in Huntington Harbor
- Winning Mega Millions ticket sold in New Jersey
- Florida city anxious to learn Powerball jackpot winner
- blog: Desiree Hartsock on being 'The Bachelorette'
- Photos: Photos from the Billboard Awards
- Photos: Tornado rips through Oklahoma
- Metro North train collision to affect...
35 min ago
- AccuWeather: More Humid
22 min ago
- Young child fatally shot outside Jersey...
23 min ago