New York News
Deli apologizes over Forest Whitaker shoplifting accusation
MORNINGSIDE HEIGHTS (WABC) -- Actor Forest Whitaker is receiving an apology from a Manhattan deli after an employee accused the Academy-Award winner of shoplifting.
Whitaker was stopped by a worker at the Milano Market in Morningside Heights on Friday.
The worker later apologized.
Management says the store plans to retrain its workers and that the incident had nothing to do with race.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, morningside heights, new york news
- Bill Bratton to be named next Police Commissioner 2 min ago
- AccuWeather Forecast: Unseasonably Warm Air
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Hazmat respond to Carteret freight train derailment 41 min ago
- Fast food workers strike to demand higher wages
- Springsteen's 'Born to Run' manuscript at NY auction
- Police shoot and kill man with special needs
- Newtown 911 calls released
- Attorney: Train engineer was 'in a daze'
- Metro-North service back 100-percent on Hudson Line
- Photos: Hazmat crews respond to Carteret freight...
- Paul Walker died from impact, fire in crash, autopsy finds
- Photos: Most Fascinating People of 2013
- Hazmat respond to Carteret freight train...
41 min ago