New York News
Man killed, woman hurt when gunman opens fire on car
NEW YORK (WABC) -- One man is dead and a woman was hurt when a gunman opened fire on a car in Brooklyn overnight.
The incident happened around 1 a.m. at Utica Avenue and President Street in the Crown Heights section.
The man, in the driver's seat, suffered a gunshot wound to the head and was pronounced dead at the scene. He was believed to be the intended target.
The woman, 38, suffered a graze wound to the head and is expected to survive her injuries. She was transported to Kings County hospital, where she is currently listed in stable condition.
The victims are believed to be boyfriend and girlfriend.
The gunman, dressed in a gray sweatsuit, fled the scene.
So far, police have made no arrests. The motive for the shooting was not immediately known.
Anyone with information in regard to this missing female is asked to call Crime Stoppers at 1-800-577-TIPS (8477).
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, brooklyn, crown heights, shooting, murder, new york news
- Hospital warns of possible blood contamination
- AccuWeather: Stormy changes on the way
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- South Brunswick elderly couple robbed and scammed
- Store workers fight back during Bushwick robbery
- Fort Lee students to make up snow days
- Boy, 2, found with heroin at Paterson day care center
- Pharmacists accused in HIV medication scam
- Ferry service to resume between Haverstraw, Ossining
- Malaysia plane changed direction, military says
- Obama, in NYC for fundraising trip, shops at Gap
- Photos: Huge fire damages San Francisco building
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos