New York News
Man killed, woman hurt when gunman opens fire on car
NEW YORK (WABC) -- One man is dead and a woman was hurt when a gunman opened fire on a car in Brooklyn overnight.
The incident happened around 1 a.m. at Utica Avenue and President Street in the Crown Heights section.
The man, in the driver's seat, suffered a gunshot wound to the head and was pronounced dead at the scene. He was believed to be the intended target.
The woman, 38, suffered a graze wound to the head and is expected to survive her injuries. She was transported to Kings County hospital, where she is currently listed in stable condition.
The victims are believed to be boyfriend and girlfriend.
The gunman, dressed in a gray sweatsuit, fled the scene.
So far, police have made no arrests. The motive for the shooting was not immediately known.
Anyone with information in regard to this missing female is asked to call Crime Stoppers at 1-800-577-TIPS (8477).
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, brooklyn, crown heights, shooting, murder, new york news
- AccuWeather: More snow Saturday
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Charges expected in fraternity death
- Search for hit and run driver in fatal crash
- LIRR, NJT ban booze ahead of Santacon
- Mayor-elect de Blasio to visit White House
- Nassau County police commissioner ousted
- Budget vote approved in the House
- Some from Newtown join vigil at National Cathedral
- Sandy victims turn year of loss into season of giving
- Golden Globes nominations announced
- Photos: 60 photos of Golden Globe nominees