New York News
Arrest in threats towards Cuomo and Bloomberg
NEW CITY, New York -- Police have accused a man of making death threats on Facebook against the governor of New York, the mayor of New York City and several members of Congress.
They say they found two rifles, bayonets, ammunition and body armor at his suburban home.
Clarkstown police say 49-year-old Lawrence Mulqueen of Nanuet was arraigned Thursday on charges of making terroristic threats, illegally possessing weapons and harassment.
Police were called Wednesday afternoon by Mulqueen's landlady, who said he'd been harassing her. They say she tipped them to Mulqueen's alleged threats, made on a Facebook page under a pseudonym.
Police say the FBI helped with the investigation.
A town court clerk says no lawyer is listed for Mulqueen in court records. He's being held until a court date Monday.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, andrew cuomo, michael bloomberg, facebook, new york news
- Hofstra remembers Andrea Rebello at graduation
- AccuWeather: Dreary Night
- Eyewitness News Live
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Metro North: Conn. train outage expected for days
- Tornado levels homes in Oklahoma City trailer park 4 min ago
- Teen fatally shot on Queens bus identified
- Powerball: 1 winning ticket sold in Florida
- Man falls out window during Broadway show
- 3 wounded after shooting in Bedford-Stuyvesant
- Bruins top Rangers 5-2
- Photos: Tornado rips through Oklahoma 5 min ago
- Photos: Belly landing at Newark Airport
- WATCH ABC is available to Channel 7 viewers