New York News
Arrest in threats towards Cuomo and Bloomberg
NEW CITY, New York -- Police have accused a man of making death threats on Facebook against the governor of New York, the mayor of New York City and several members of Congress.
They say they found two rifles, bayonets, ammunition and body armor at his suburban home.
Clarkstown police say 49-year-old Lawrence Mulqueen of Nanuet was arraigned Thursday on charges of making terroristic threats, illegally possessing weapons and harassment.
Police were called Wednesday afternoon by Mulqueen's landlady, who said he'd been harassing her. They say she tipped them to Mulqueen's alleged threats, made on a Facebook page under a pseudonym.
Police say the FBI helped with the investigation.
A town court clerk says no lawyer is listed for Mulqueen in court records. He's being held until a court date Monday.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, andrew cuomo, michael bloomberg, facebook, new york news
- Rare spring snow coats cars, slicks roads 35 min ago
- AccuWeather: Sharply Colder 53 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Sketch released of suspect in East Village sex assault 21 min ago
- Boston police destroy 2 backpacks at marathon site 15 min ago
- Photos: Boston Marathon: One year later
- Driver arrested after teens get drunk, trash party bus
- Photos: Teenagers trash party bus
- Photos released of man wanted for harassing teen Muslim girl
- NYPD to end Muslim surveillance program
- MLB marks 67th anniversary of Jackie Robinson debut
- Miley Cyrus skips concert, is hospitalized
- Baby found in Victoria's Secret bag died of asphyxia
- AccuWeather: Sharply Colder
53 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos