New York News
Arrest in threats towards Cuomo and Bloomberg
NEW CITY, New York -- Police have accused a man of making death threats on Facebook against the governor of New York, the mayor of New York City and several members of Congress.
They say they found two rifles, bayonets, ammunition and body armor at his suburban home.
Clarkstown police say 49-year-old Lawrence Mulqueen of Nanuet was arraigned Thursday on charges of making terroristic threats, illegally possessing weapons and harassment.
Police were called Wednesday afternoon by Mulqueen's landlady, who said he'd been harassing her. They say she tipped them to Mulqueen's alleged threats, made on a Facebook page under a pseudonym.
Police say the FBI helped with the investigation.
A town court clerk says no lawyer is listed for Mulqueen in court records. He's being held until a court date Monday.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, andrew cuomo, michael bloomberg, facebook, new york news
- Victim in possible NYC 'knockout game' attack speaks out
- AccuWeather: Milder, maybe a shower
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Wallington firefighter killed in blaze to be laid to rest
- Demolition underway after NJ fire; Questions linger
- Photos: Jersey City row home fire
- Sketch released of suspect in Queens attempted luring
- Baby critical after DWI firefighter hits pregnant woman
- Man stiffs livery cab driver, punches him in the face
- Obama's warnings brushed aside by Russia's Vladimir Putin
- Lehigh Valley Dairy recalls orange juice over milk concerns
- $270 million up for grabs in Friday Mega Millions drawing
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos