New York News
Charges in YouTube girl fight
NEW YORK (WABC) -- The NYPD has charged two teenagers, as juveniles in the fight between girls inside Edgar Allan Poe Park in the Bronx.
The 14 and 15 year-old girls are charged with child endangerment as juveniles.
Two others are also facing charges.
The disturbing video was posted on YouTube, sparking an investigation and a search for the location and the participants.
Authorities say the incident began as a fight between two older girls over candy. They then proceeded to use their baby sisters, all of 6 and 7 years old, to settle the score.
In the video, you can clearly hear the person who police say is the older sister of the 6-year-old egging her on to fight the 7-year-old, who was crying.
When the video first went viral, police had no idea where the footage was shot. But they say the mother of the 7-year-old eventually stepped forward and identified her daughter, and then cops began to piece the details together.
The fight happened months ago, and the Edgar Allan Poe park in the Fordham over Christmas break. Police say the young girls were forced to fight after the sisters bumped into each other in an earlier argument in the same park over candy.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, bronx, fordham, you tube, new york news
- Autistic boy missing in Brooklyn
- AccuWeather: Clear and chilly
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- 2 dead after wreck on Southern State
- Suspect in custody in attempted baby abduction
- Photos: Images of Sea Isle City fire
- Autopsies completed on 7 Utah babies
- Student suspended for asking Miss America to prom
- Judge threatens to duct tape defendant's mouth in murder trial
- No graduation selfies at Rhode Island college
- New York-bound bus in wreck in Maryland
- Employees terrorized; car parts stolen in Elizabeth store
- Suspect charged in shooting of Brooklyn teen