New York News
Suspect identified in death of Staten Island mom in Turkey
NEW YORK (WABC) -- There's a new development out of Turkey in the investigation into the murder of a Staten Island woman.
Turkish police are looking for a suspect, identified as "Ziya T".
Reports say the homeless refuse collector was caught on camera selling Sarai Sierra's coat in the same part of Istanbul where her body was found earlier this month, bludgeoned to death.
Police say DNA taken from a bed the suspect slept in matches DNA found under Sierra's nails.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, murder, staten island, new york news
- Missing Malaysia jet may have turned back 34 min ago
- AccuWeather: Cooler Sunday 30 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Violence in Bronx leaves 1 dead, 1 injured 13 min ago
- Police investigating double shooting in Brooklyn
- Grandfather killed in Long Island City hit and run
- Noise complaint turns into Queens drug bust
- Elderly man attacked at Port Authority
- LI man accused of killing uncle, burying him in backyard
- Proposed teacher layoffs in Newark set off dispute
- Spring forward: Time to set the clocks ahead
- Stage collapses at California high school: 30-40 hurt 34 min ago
- Melo scores 26, Knicks beat Cavs 107-97
- AccuWeather: Cooler Sunday
30 min ago