New York News
Suspect identified in death of Staten Island mom in Turkey
NEW YORK (WABC) -- There's a new development out of Turkey in the investigation into the murder of a Staten Island woman.
Turkish police are looking for a suspect, identified as "Ziya T".
Reports say the homeless refuse collector was caught on camera selling Sarai Sierra's coat in the same part of Istanbul where her body was found earlier this month, bludgeoned to death.
Police say DNA taken from a bed the suspect slept in matches DNA found under Sierra's nails.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, murder, staten island, new york news
- LI hospital warns of possible blood contamination 23 min ago
- AccuWeather: Stormy changes on the way
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Crime down across New York City, except in parks 59 min ago
- Malaysian Airlines asks for help in hunt for missing plane 55 min ago
- Photos: Malaysia Airlines missing plane
- Brothers plead guilty in Orthodox Jewish divorce scandal 27 min ago
- Store workers fight back during Bushwick robbery
- South Brunswick elderly couple robbed and scammed
- Good Samaritans rescue woman from burning car
- Pharmacists accused in HIV medication scam
- Photos: Huge fire damages San Francisco building
- Photos: Countdown: The 25 highest-paid musicians
- LI hospital warns of possible blood...
23 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos