New York News
1 hurt in fire in Co-Op City high-rise building fire
NEW YORK (WABC) -- One person was injured in a fire at a high-rise building in Co-Op City in the Bronx early Friday.
Firefighters pulled the victim from an apartment on the 33rd floor of the Alcott Place building just after 5:30 a.m.
That person was being treated on the 32nd floor in unknown condition.
The cause of the fire is under investigation.
Co-op City is home to about 50,000 residents in 15,372 residential units.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, bronx, fire, new york news
- Nelson Mandela dies at 95
- AccuWeather Forecast: Unseasonably Warm Air
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Photos: Nelson Mandela through the years
- Mandela's influence felt in New York City
- VIDEO: Obama remembers Mandela
- L train signal problems in Brooklyn
- Bill Bratton named next Police Commissioner
- Photos: Bill Bratton, next NYPD Police Commissioner
- Police search for suspect in Brooklyn shooting
- Search for suspects in subway attack on two women
- Derailment victim, James Ferrari, laid to rest
- Knicks crush Nets 113-83