New York News
1 hurt in fire in Co-Op City high-rise building fire
NEW YORK (WABC) -- One person was injured in a fire at a high-rise building in Co-Op City in the Bronx early Friday.
Firefighters pulled the victim from an apartment on the 33rd floor of the Alcott Place building just after 5:30 a.m.
That person was being treated on the 32nd floor in unknown condition.
The cause of the fire is under investigation.
Co-op City is home to about 50,000 residents in 15,372 residential units.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, bronx, fire, new york news
- Far Rockaway fire leaves 2 children dead
- AccuWeather: Seasonable Stretch
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Photos: Deadly fire in Far Rockaway
- Retired NYPD officer faces charges for allegedly killing wife
- NJ police investigating deadly skydiving accident
- Former boxer Rubin "Hurricane" Carter dies at 76
- Suspect arrested after body found in container
- Flight makes emergency landing with cracked windshield
- Preparations underway for Boston Marathon
- Search underway for missing Queens boy, 11
- Country music singer Kevin Sharp dies at age 43
- Transcript reveals confusion over ferry evacuation