New York News
Third teen charged in in YouTube girl fight
NEW YORK (WABC) -- The NYPD charged a third teenager Saturday as a juvenile in the fight between girls inside Edgar Allan Poe Park in the Bronx.
Two 14-year-olds and one 15 year-old girl are charged with child endangerment as juveniles.
The disturbing video was posted on YouTube, sparking an investigation and a search for the location and the participants.
Authorities say the incident began as a fight between two older girls over candy. They then proceeded to use their baby sisters, all of 6 and 7 years old, to settle the score.
In the video, you can clearly hear the person who police say is the older sister of the 6-year-old egging her on to fight the 7-year-old, who was crying.
When the video first went viral, police had no idea where the footage was shot. But they say the mother of the 7-year-old eventually stepped forward and identified her daughter, and then cops began to piece the details together.
The fight happened months ago, and the Edgar Allan Poe park in the Fordham over Christmas break. Police say the young girls were forced to fight after the sisters bumped into each other in an earlier argument in the same park over candy.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, bronx, fordham, you tube, new york news
- Stolen passports deepen missing plane mystery
- AccuWeather: Cooler Sunday
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Police investigating double shooting in Brooklyn
- Grandfather killed in Long Island City hit and run
- Mayor de Blasio continues to rally for universal Pre-K
- Noise complaint turns into Queens drug bust
- Elderly man attacked at Port Authority
- LI man accused of killing uncle, burying him in backyard
- Proposed teacher layoffs in Newark set off dispute
- Spring forward: Time to set the clocks ahead
- Matt Harvey aims for 2014 return to Mets
- Melo scores 26, Knicks beat Cavs 107-97