New York News
Third teen charged in in YouTube girl fight
NEW YORK (WABC) -- The NYPD charged a third teenager Saturday as a juvenile in the fight between girls inside Edgar Allan Poe Park in the Bronx.
Two 14-year-olds and one 15 year-old girl are charged with child endangerment as juveniles.
The disturbing video was posted on YouTube, sparking an investigation and a search for the location and the participants.
Authorities say the incident began as a fight between two older girls over candy. They then proceeded to use their baby sisters, all of 6 and 7 years old, to settle the score.
In the video, you can clearly hear the person who police say is the older sister of the 6-year-old egging her on to fight the 7-year-old, who was crying.
When the video first went viral, police had no idea where the footage was shot. But they say the mother of the 7-year-old eventually stepped forward and identified her daughter, and then cops began to piece the details together.
The fight happened months ago, and the Edgar Allan Poe park in the Fordham over Christmas break. Police say the young girls were forced to fight after the sisters bumped into each other in an earlier argument in the same park over candy.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, bronx, fordham, you tube, new york news
- Police search for missing 11-year old Brooklyn boy
- AccuWeather: Changeable Week
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Vietnam says cannot find object from missing jet
- Cherry Hill Mall parking dispute turns violent
- Squatters flee fire in Paterson; 2 vacant buildings gutted
- Photos: Fire guts 2 vacant Paterson buildings
- Man arrested for stealing money from donation box
- Liam Neeson tours stables amid carriage horse debate
- Toddler's FaceTime saves mother after dog bite
- Fire rips through seven houses in the Bronx
- Antonio Cromartie released by Jets
- Photos: 10 suspects caught in the act