New York News
Woman killed in East Side taxi accident
NEW YORK (WABC) -- A woman was struck by a taxi and killed on the East Side of Manhattan early Sunday morning.
The cab was traveling northbound on 3rd Avenue at 27th Street at around 1:45 a.m. when it was struck in the rear by a car pulling out of a parking space.
Police say the cab spun out of control and struck a female pedestrian, pinning her against a pole.
The woman suffered severe trauma to both legs and was taken to Bellevue Hospital, where she was pronounced dead on arrival.
Both drivers remained at the scene, and police say there does not appear to be any criminality involved in the accident.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, east side, manhattan, accident, taxi, new york news
- Far Rockaway fire leaves 2 children dead
- AccuWeather: A Little Cooler
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Photos: Deadly fire in Far Rockaway
- Flight makes emergency landing with cracked windshield 16 min ago
- Hate crime charge in attack on Columbia Univ. professor
- Suspect questioned after body found in container
- Search underway for missing Queens boy, 11
- Death toll in South Korea ferry tragedy reaches 58
- Woman fatally shot in Queens; man in custody
- Former boxer Rubin "Hurricane" Carter dies at 76
- Photos: Famous deaths in 2014
- Up Close with Diana Williams