New York News
Woman killed in East Side taxi accident
NEW YORK (WABC) -- A woman was struck by a taxi and killed on the East Side of Manhattan early Sunday morning.
The cab was traveling northbound on 3rd Avenue at 27th Street at around 1:45 a.m. when it was struck in the rear by a car pulling out of a parking space.
Police say the cab spun out of control and struck a female pedestrian, pinning her against a pole.
The woman suffered severe trauma to both legs and was taken to Bellevue Hospital, where she was pronounced dead on arrival.
Both drivers remained at the scene, and police say there does not appear to be any criminality involved in the accident.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, east side, manhattan, accident, taxi, new york news
- At least 3 dead, 69 hurt in East Harlem explosion
- AccuWeather: Weather Whiplash
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Two East Harlem explosion victims identified
- Survivors describe explosion in East Harlem
- Dozens homeless after East Harlem buildings destroyed
- Video: 2 men describe pulling child out of rubble
- Investigators focus on an old cast-iron gas pipeline
- Video: East Harlem Explosion on social media
- Video: Damage throughout neighborhood after East...
- raw video: Viewer video from East Harlem explosion site
- Metro-North service restored after East Harlem explosion
- Surveillance in Upper Manhattan attempted rape