New York News
Woman killed in East Side taxi accident
NEW YORK (WABC) -- A woman was struck by a taxi and killed on the East Side of Manhattan early Sunday morning.
The cab was traveling northbound on 3rd Avenue at 27th Street at around 1:45 a.m. when it was struck in the rear by a car pulling out of a parking space.
Police say the cab spun out of control and struck a female pedestrian, pinning her against a pole.
The woman suffered severe trauma to both legs and was taken to Bellevue Hospital, where she was pronounced dead on arrival.
Both drivers remained at the scene, and police say there does not appear to be any criminality involved in the accident.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, east side, manhattan, accident, taxi, new york news
- Possible 'knockout' attack victim speaks out
- AccuWeather: Milder, maybe a shower
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Firefighters sent to wrong location in Jersey City fire
- Photos: Jersey City row home fire
- 2 firefighters injured in Bronx bodega fire
- Search for owner of severely malnourished dog
- Cardinal Dolan supports universal pre-k
- Cars burglarized at gyms in Wyckoff and Ridgewood
- Man speaks about shooting would-be burglar
- FDNY battery giveaway for smoke, CO detectors
- Photos: Mariano Rivera's career in pictures
- Spinning class and karaoke all in one
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos