New York News
NYPD investigates 2 separate murders in Brooklyn
BROOKLYN (WABC) -- Police in Brooklyn are trying to catch the gunmen behind two separate deadly shootings.
Investigators say 79-year-old James Jackson was shot in the neck in his apartment on Gates Avenue in the Bushwick section early Sunday morning.
He died at the hospital a short time later.
Police are also looking for suspects in a shooting that claimed the life of a 37-year-old man in Brownsville.
NYPD officers were responding to a robbery report on Sunday afternoon when they found the man with a chest wound.
Police say Omar Murray was pronounced dead at Brookdale hospital.
No arrests have been made in either incident.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, brooklyn, shooting, murder, bushwick, brownsville, new york news
- Obamas to attend Tuesday service for Nelson Mandela 22 min ago
- AccuWeather Forecast: Wintry Mix On The Way
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Brooklyn police shooting leaves suspect wounded
- Yankees open to Brett Gardner trade
- De Blasio, Bratton join Sharpton at Mandela tribute
- Queens hit and run leaves pedestrian dead
- Long Island Rail Road massacre, 20 years later
- South Africans pay tribute to Nelson Mandela
- Photos: Nelson Mandela through the years
- US vet, 85, back home after detained in North Korea
- Pearl Harbor ceremony marks bombing anniversary
- Photos: Pearl Harbor anniversary