New York News
NYPD investigates 2 separate murders in Brooklyn
BROOKLYN (WABC) -- Police in Brooklyn are trying to catch the gunmen behind two separate deadly shootings.
Investigators say 79-year-old James Jackson was shot in the neck in his apartment on Gates Avenue in the Bushwick section early Sunday morning.
He died at the hospital a short time later.
Police are also looking for suspects in a shooting that claimed the life of a 37-year-old man in Brownsville.
NYPD officers were responding to a robbery report on Sunday afternoon when they found the man with a chest wound.
Police say Omar Murray was pronounced dead at Brookdale hospital.
No arrests have been made in either incident.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, brooklyn, shooting, murder, bushwick, brownsville, new york news
- Measles cases confirmed in Manhattan, Bronx 14 min ago
- AccuWeather: Milder, maybe a shower
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- JFK baggage handlers charged with theft
- Victim in possible NYC 'knockout game' attack speaks out
- Wallington firefighter killed in blaze laid to rest 23 min ago
- Demolition underway after NJ fire; Questions linger
- Arrests in counterfeit health and beauty products case
- Bridget Kelly fights order to give up Bridgegate records
- Virus hijacks your computer till you pay
- Lehigh Valley Dairy recalls orange juice over milk concerns
- Ukraine base in Crimea under siege 30 min ago
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Wallington firefighter killed in blaze laid...
23 min ago
- Ukraine base in Crimea under siege
30 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos