New York News
Hurricane Sandy aid registration deadline extended
NEW YORK (WABC) -- New Yorkers who were affected by Superstorm Sandy now have another 30 days to sign up to get help from FEMA.
The deadline to get help was originally Wednesday, but now it is March 29th.
The Government says anyone who suffered a loss in the storm should register with FEMA even if they have insurance.
The registration deadline for New Jersey is still Friday.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, superstorm sandy, fema, new york news
- weather: AccuTrack Interactive Radar
- AccuWeather Forecast: Rain and clouds 16 min ago
- Eyewitness News Live
- WATCH ABC is available to Channel 7 viewers
- Gridlock traffic for Memorial Day weekend getaway 11 min ago
- Long Island 'Hot Dog Hooker' arrested again
- 17-year-old brutally beaten with bat at gas station 19 min ago
- Police shoot and kill suspect in Ridgefield, Conn. 17 min ago
- Amanda Bynes released after court appearance
- Bridge collapse calls into question other bridges' safety
- Eats: Camarones Mi Pueblo at Zapata in Palisades
- abcnews: Cleveland Women Can Keep Captor's Dogs
- Photos: Circle 7 at GMA's Summer Concert Series
- Photos: I-5 Skagit River Bridge collapse
- Parts of Saw Mill Parkway remain closed due...
10 min ago
- AccuWeather Forecast: Rain and clouds
16 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos