New York News
Suspected drunk driver fatally hit Queens pedestrian
NEW YORK (WABC) -- A suspected drunk driver is under arrest after a deadly accident in Queens.
It happened in the Jamaica section late Wednesday afternoon.
76-year-old John Eberling was struck and killed while crossing the street near the corner of 80th Street and Jamaica Avenue.
The victim was rushed to Jamaica Hospital where he died a short time later.
Charges are pending against the driver.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, jamaica, queens, drunk driving, dwi, new york news
- Nelson Mandela dies at 95 36 min ago
- AccuWeather Forecast: Unseasonably Warm Air
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Photos: Nelson Mandela through the years
- VIDEO: Obama remembers Mandela
- Reaction to death of Nelson Mandela
- Bill Bratton named next Police Commissioner
- Who is Bill Bratton?
- Photos: Bill Bratton, next NYPD Police Commissioner
- Search for suspects in subway attack on two women 57 min ago
- Derailment victim, James Ferrari, laid to rest
- Knicks crush Nets 113-83 48 min ago
- Nigella Lawson again denies heavy drug use
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos