New York News
Suspected drunk driver fatally hit Queens pedestrian
NEW YORK (WABC) -- A suspected drunk driver is under arrest after a deadly accident in Queens.
It happened in the Jamaica section late Wednesday afternoon.
76-year-old John Eberling was struck and killed while crossing the street near the corner of 80th Street and Jamaica Avenue.
The victim was rushed to Jamaica Hospital where he died a short time later.
Charges are pending against the driver.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, jamaica, queens, drunk driving, dwi, new york news
- Stolen passports deepen missing plane mystery
- AccuWeather: Cooler Sunday
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Police investigating double shooting in Brooklyn
- Grandfather killed in Long Island City hit and run
- Mayor de Blasio continues to rally for universal Pre-K
- Noise complaint turns into Queens drug bust
- Elderly man attacked at Port Authority
- LI man accused of killing uncle, burying him in backyard
- Proposed teacher layoffs in Newark set off dispute
- Spring forward: Time to set the clocks ahead
- Matt Harvey aims for 2014 return to Mets
- Melo scores 26, Knicks beat Cavs 107-97