New York News
Firefighter accused of hitting wife with iPad
NEW YORK -- A New York City firefighter is accused of bashing his wife in the head with an iPad.
Eric Bischoff was arraigned on assault charges.
He is assigned to Engine 161 on Staten Island and is a Uniformed Firefighters Association trustee.
According to court records, the couple got into an argument on Saturday over a "picture displayed on the Internet."
Police say Bischoff was drunk and hit his wife twice over the head with the tablet. They say he also pulled her by the hair and threw her on the floor.
He was released on his own recognizance.
Bischoff denied the charges. He told the Staten Island Advance (http://bit.ly/XH6Jv2 ) what's reported is not always as it happened.
The FDNY said the case is under review. The union declined to comment.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, ipad, firefighters, new york news
- Police search for missing 11-year old Brooklyn boy 48 min ago
- AccuWeather: Cooler Sunday
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Vietnam says it may have found missing jet's door
- Man found shot to death in Bronx apartment
- Crash on Garden State Parkway leaves 1 dead, 2 hurt
- Bill would require equal access to tenant amenities 54 min ago
- Liam Neeson to tour stables amid carriage horse debate 35 min ago
- New measure to make child care more affordable
- Stage collapses at California high school; dozens hurt
- Toronto Mayor Rob Ford gets daylight savings time wrong
- Rangers top Red Wings 3-0 in Lundqvist's 300th win 40 min ago
- Photos: Famous deaths in 2014